The ‘Imaging in Maternal-Fetal Medicine Training Course’ responds to the obstetricians’ and imaging specialists’ need for advanced training in diagnostic imaging. The training consists of a theoretical-practical part and a face-to-face week in Barcelona.
The theoretical-practical part includes an online training through specific modules to acquire basic and advanced knowledge, as well as different practical tasks such as discussing clinical cases and submitting images to validate the acquisition of the needed skills. This part is supported by an interactive platform consisting of discussion forums and Masterclasses taught by experts in the field.
The second part of this Course consists of a face-to-face week in Barcelona. During this week, there will be Meet-the-Professor sessions, workshops and clinical cases discussions. (See more details in the academic guide).
Specialists in Obstetrics and Gynecology or in Imaging, who would like to receive high-level training in diagnostic imaging in Maternal-Fetal Medicine to capacitate them for their daily practice but have a limited time for such training.
High-level theoretical-practical training in imaging applied to maternal-fetal medicine.
From January 22th, 2024 to November 25th, 2024
Fetal I + D Education Barcelona
The presential part will take place in Barcelona, Spain.
Registration fees and payment:
Registration fees have a cost 4.800,00€ / person.
• Once the application is accepted, an initial payment of 1550 € must be made within 10 days after receiving the acceptation. This amount will not be refunded in case of cancellation.
The rest of the payment 3.250,00 € can be made in a maximum of 3 fractions of 1.084,00 € before the start of the course.
Payments are non-refundable, except for cases of force majeure which require justification with the corresponding documentation.
If you need to contact us, you can:
The teaching program of the Imaging in Maternal-Fetal Medicine Training Course includes 5 theoretical modules that fully cover practical diagnostic imaging in fetal medicine and offers advanced training through theoretical classes and an interactive platform.
Each module contains videos with theoretical content that can be viewed online. These modules have a determined duration and will be carried out consecutively. Upon completion of a module, the student will have access to an evaluation test by means of multiple-choice questions that can include images and videos, with specific deadlines of completion.
The Masterclasses are interactive sessions with the professors that will be scheduled in the form of live online webinars, in which the students will be able to ask their questions to the experts, with the objective of solving any doubts that may have remained.
These sessions will be held before the end of the online exam period of each module and they will be coordinated by a moderator to ensure that they run smoothly.
All modules include a practical part that consists of obtaining and submitting several ultrasound images, which must meet the criteria explained in the theoretical classes.
The images will be assessed and scored by the tutors of the course; the students will receive a personalized feedback that will allow them to detect possible pitfalls in order to improve their clinical skills.
The objective of this part is to provide decision-making and problem-solving tools in ultrasound scanning that are essential in the doctor’s daily clinical practice.
Clinic cases resolution
A forum will be created for each module using the Moodle platform. The students will be given access once the module is open. It will constitute the place to share questions and doubts regarding the studied topics. The directors of the module will propose clinical cases to generate a debate between the students.
From September 30th to October 4th, 2024
The course includes a one-week period in Barcelona, that consists of:
- Meet-the-Professor sessions, in which the students will be able to discuss in person the most relevant aspects of each module with expert professors in their specific area of knowledge.
- Practical workshops on invasive procedures, with the use of simulators and guidance from experts in these procedures.
- Clinical cases sessions, in groups of 10-12 participants. Examples of real clinical cases will be discussed to put the knowledge acquired in the different modules into practice. Participants will be asked to present their own clinical cases and they will be discussed within the group with the supervision of an expert.
The students must elaborate a final research project that will be evaluated by the expert committee. There are two modalities to choose from on the type of the final project:
- Systematic literature review on a current subject related to the content of the course.
- Original research in the student’s own setting.
The topic of the final project must be proposed by each student. The proposals must be sent to the coordinator team before February 15, 2024 in order to be assessed by the scientific committee, which will evaluate their suitability. The scientific committee will establish the definitive topic for each student’s project and assign a tutor to guide the student during the project’s development. It is necessary to pass the final work assessment (the passing score is 70) to obtain the university degree.
The number of places is limited. To apply, it is necessary to fill out the preregistration form within the established period. Form available here Form available here.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- * To be a medical doctor.
- * To fill in the form in the Register section with the requested information, your CV and a motivation letter.
Important: The receipt of your application will be confirmed within a maximum of one week from the date of submission. Note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The geographical area - the intention is to represent the maximum number of countries.
The motivation letter.
3. The CV, previous experience in Fetal Medicine and the ability to obtain the requested images for the practicums included in the program are valued. Form CV.
Selected applicants will receive an email indicating that they have been accepted with the necessary information to start the registration process. When the maximum number of accepted candidates is reached, registrations will be closed.
Applicants not admitted will receive an email indicating that their application has not been accepted.
Preregistration requires a commitment to
- Accomplish the planned educational activities to pass the course, including the evaluations and the submission of images and clinical cases in each module within the established deadlines (including a recovery period). Thus, we request that you don’t submit your preregistration application if you are not sure that you can accomplish the course requirements, either because of not being able to attend the presential part, or meet the deadlines for the submission of images, exams, payments, etc.
In the case of abandoning the course, the applicant must present a letter to the course coordinator, requesting the cancellation of his/her registration. The registration fee will not be refunded.
To obtain the course certificate, it is essential to pass all the theoretical and the practical parts of each module.
- A diploma that certifies the completion of "Imaging in Maternal-Fetal Medicine Training Course" will be issued by Maternal Fetal Medicine Barcelona with a qualification certificate.
If you need to contact us, you can: