Module 1: Fetal-Placental Doppler
- Introduction. E. Gratacós
- Basics of Doppler. E.Hernández
- Basic vessels: umbilical artery and uterine artery. J.Miranda
- Brain circulation. Eva Meler
- Venous vessels: Ductus venosus and umbilical vein. E. Gratacós
Module 2. Early onset disease
- Early screening and prevention of pre-eclampsia. F. Figueras
- Introduction to monitoring and management of RIC according to an integrated protocol. E.Gratacós
- Management of early-onset pre-eclampsia. F. Figueras
- Management of early RIC: rationale and considerations for clinical practice. E.Gratacós
Módulo 3. Late onset disease
- Prediction and the diagnostic challenge. F.Figueras
- Management of late onset stunting. F. Figueras
- Management of late onset preeclampsia. PE. F. Crispi
- Second quarter growth lagged. FFigueras
- Fetal growth assessment. E.Meler.
- Management of gestation after previous caesarean section. M. López
- Placental accretism. M. López
Course beggining and duration
From 2022, September 1st to 2023, August 31st. Inscription will close on 2023, July 31st.
The course is aimed at Obstetrics and Gynaecology specialists and residents working in both hospital and primary care settings.
The main objective of the course is to improve clinical competencies, ensuring the use of Doppler according to best practice and the application of systematic clinical protocols based on the latest evidence. Specific objectives include acquiring technical competence in Doppler scanning of the uterine, umbilical and middle cerebral arteries, as well as the ductus venosus; and acquiring knowledge of the appropriate management of growth retardation and pre-eclampsia, both in their early and late forms. The specific objectives are to acquire technical competence to explore with Doppler the uterine, umbilical and middle cerebral arteries, as well as the ductus venosus. To acquire knowledge on the appropriate management of growth retardation and pre-eclampsia, both in their early and late forms.
All presentations are based on real clinical cases that serve to consolidate the learning of essential concepts. The classes consist of a video that can be accompanied by practical ultrasound demonstrations or explanations of the corresponding topics and PDF presentations. The teaching staff is made up of medical personnel from the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Service of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
The presentation of the topics will be structured on the basis of problem solving through the essential theoretical content. The development of each topic will follow a clinical outline and will use images and videos. At the end of the presentations, the student can obtain a certificate of completion of the theoretical training and pass the knowledge acquisition test. Once the knowledge has been acquired and in order to obtain the certificate, a multiple-choice test must be taken. For the validation test you have 3 attempts and must answer 70% of the answers correctly. Each time you enter the test, even if you do not answer any questions, it counts as an attempt.
Access to the course:
The student will have access from the moment he/she purchases the course until the deadline for the publication of the course.
To access the course you must log in to the Virtual Campus with your username and password.
This course offers a certificate of achievement from Fetal I+D Education Barcelona.
Dr. Eduard Gratacós / Dr. Francesc Figueras
The teaching staff is made up of interdisciplinary medical specialists with extensive experience in the field of perinatal infections, mostly from BCNatal and Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.